Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Indoor Camping

Over break the kids really wanted to go camping. So we brought the tent in the house and set it up in the living room. Thanks Kami for the "pump" for the air mattress. The kids were so excited. We ate ice cream and watched Alvin and The Chipmunks, it was a real camping experience. We turned the lights off at at 900 and the kids were so excited that they did not go to sleep until 1130 or so. At about 930 Brandon and I decieded to stop fighting them on going to sleep. They were so funny, in and out of the tent. I have never seen Jackson go to the bathroom so many times. Then they were pretending to star gaze. All and all it was fun. It was a sad morning when dad took the tent down.

We found a small kids tent at IKEA for 10.00 the other day. So that has been set up in the living room. They are having a blast.


1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are such a good mom. I would like to think I will do something like this for my kids someday, but truth be told I have to take a sleeping pill to sleep when we go camping. I don't know if I could do it knowing my soft warm bed is just up the stairs. Not to mention that your pregnant. Koodo's Heather. You have the best mom in the world award as far as I am concerned.