Monday, May 19, 2008

Hangin Tough

So the other morning I was watching the Today show and New Kids on the Block came on and started singing. I was so excited, it was a little sad. I was of course singing along with all the songs, my daughter thought I was nuts. I have had a ton of their songs on my IPOD since I got it a year and half ago, my husband always makes fun of me, now I feel slighty vindicated. I was on google the first chance I got to see when they were coming to Portland and buy me some tickets. Unfortunately tickets are not on sale yet, then Brandon asked who I was going with. I had no idea but I was going, I have seen them 3 times in concert before and those are some of the best concerts I have ever been to. I wasn't sure how I was going to ask the girls around here who would go with me. Thankfully Summer H posted on her blog about NKOTB and asked who wants to go to the concert. Hopefully it works out or I guess I will be kickin it by myself there, because I am so going!! Even though my baby will be two months old, one night with dad won't kill it, I think ;)
So I dedicate my new playlist to all the NKOTB fans out there.

7 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

AHHH New Kids on the Block.....(Crystal thinking).... That brings back very fond memories for me. I read about them reuniting on the plane ride home from California. Let me know how much tickets are and I might be on board. I never got to see them as a kid so I could make up for lost time. I would be singing "Oh, oh, ooohhh, oh, oh,oh, oh The right stuff"

Jessie said...

I started reading your blog and found myslef talking out load saying" Summer Loves NKOTB" (i read it on her blog) I used to be in love with them when i was 8! I missed them on the Today show!

julie! said...

remember the cartoon where Joey went to a new school and he kept introducing himself as "the new kid on the block" and this cute girl he liked thought he just meant he was a new kid in school, but really he was telling her the truth. He was A New Kid on the Block. And at the end she figures it out, but she already fell in love with the REAL joey, and it wasn't his fame that got her...?
totally loved that episode.

julie! said...

hello, you have been nominated to do a family tag. Please see the Riley blog for details

Goodman Family said...

You are too funny!!! I went to their concert when I think I was a freshman or maybe when I was still in middle school. Can't remember!

Breeza said...

I am so going too Heather! Either in LA or in Vancouver with my cousin!