Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day!!

I had a fantastic Mother's Day. The kids made me some really cool mothers day cards. Brandon and the kids made delicious waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast, yummy!


Then we headed off to church were Brandon and I had a big Mothers day project for the sunbeams to make, painted frames for their mom's. First we got to hear two really great talks by Marykaye G. and Eric K. I really enjoyed the message they shared. Well the parts I heard over the kids :) Some things never change. The kids loved the painting. Here were my presents from the kids. Jacksons is the painted frame and Abagayle got a framed handprint from nursery (thanks tiffany).

After dinner Brandon and the kids my one of my favorites pinapple upside down cake. It was so yummy!! You may notice the lack of cherries in two pinapple rings. That is because I do not care for cherries. However when we went to eat the cake the kids deceided that was their two pieces :) I love them.

** edit, the pink in the bottom of the picture is my pregnant belly, I did not notice it until I was rereading the blog. I guess I really am getting bigger :)

I got a new pair of flip flops for mothers day. I had a pair of flip flops that were brown leather and lasted me 5 years before the gave out. So I have been on the look out for some more. Brandon remembered I said I wanted this addais kind, they are baby blue and brown. They are so cute and soft on the foot part, like a cloud to walk on.

It was a day I will never forget!



2 comments:

Jessie said...

there eare these nike flip flops that i tried one that were so comfy! they were a little pricey but i bet they would of lasted me 5 years too! what a nice mothers day you had

Anonymous said...

I see that you, too, enjoy a little waffle with your whipped cream ;). Yummo! Sounds like you had a wonderful day Ü