Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jam Extravaganza

Last year I made jam with mom and it lasted us a year. Which is great considering we go through 3 - 6 PB&J sandwiches a day, 3 are for Brandon at school. So I ordered some berries from a rotary club through church. They come cleaned sliced and ready to make into jam. Brandon's favorite is apricot jam, so I bought 20 lbs of apricots also from a local farmers barn. This year Brandon's sister wanted to make it with me. So we had a jam day on sat. luckily Brandon was home until 145pm that day. So we got a lot done before he left.

We started with 30lbs of strawberries, 15lbs of marionberries and 20lbs of apriots. We started at about 930 in the morning and finshed about 530 that night. Needless to say we had pizza for dinner.


Abagayle helped to pit and clean the apricots then she was done. She went to kick back in the living room. Brandon and Jackson were playing Donkey Kong, not so interested in the jam making.

We finished with 80 pints, 10 quarts and 2 half pints of jam!! We are set!


2 comments:

Goodman Family said...

I love your jam!!! It is seriously some of the best stuff I have ever tasted!

Tiffany said...

Holy Crap! My address is...j/k, I am jealous of the jam mayhem-I would love to do it, but I wouldn't even know where to start! I guess I know who to go to for lessons eh?