Friday, November 14, 2008

Things sinking in...Temples

The other day I dropped Jackson & Abagayle off at school. When I was leaving one of the high school kids was waiting for me. She wanted to tell me that she could tell Jackson was a good Christian. She then told me that the other day there was a boy (high school boy) in the class with a tatoo. Jackson then told her that we don't get tatoo's because our bodies are temples and Jesus doesn't like that. He said that coffee was not good for our temple's either. She said she was really impressed and appricated his comments, she said she was Christian too.


I started to cry when I got in the car. We, Brandon and I, try so hard to teach them things. I know he is getting taught principles at church too. Sometimes when you/we ask him a question about church things he gives you/us this look like he has no idea what you are even talking about and you are speaking another language.


I was happy to know that some things are getting through.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You've got to hold and treasure those moments. They get you through the "why do I have to be so good when no one else is" phase. (Seems to hit around age 12). :-P

Crystal said...

Heather that is such a sweet story. From the mouth of babes. To think that Jackson planted a true seed in her is amazing. Angels are with them. They know what's going on better then we do sometimes I swear.

Jessie said...

You and Brandon are great parents :)

Hey- so my email is not working, but i just wanted to tell you that if you could pick me up on the way (which i think it is) to the theatre that would be great. Just call me at 801-419-1992 before you come!
Thanks, Im really excited :)
Jessie