Monday, August 24, 2009

Soccer Mom!

Before we had kids, we decided I would stay home with the kids. One of things I was most excited about was to be a "soccer mom". I wanted to drive the mini van. I know some people think it lame, but I love it. I wanted to have a practices and games to go to for them. I wanted to volunteer in the class room cutting out calendar pieces. To join the PTA or PTSA will be exciting.

Part of that is starting for us.
Jackson had his first soccer practice tonight. This is his first organized team sport. (tear) :) He was soooo nervous, for the last two days. Will the kids like me? Will my coach be nice? He was also so excited, constant "what time is my practice?" for two or three days. He had so much fun!

I am also the team mom now. Not much to it, snack schedule, end of the year party and fundraising. (be ready to buy some cookie dough soon! :) I am actually excited to do it.
I of course forgot the camera. I will not forget next Monday for practice, be ready for picture overload.

In a couple week he will start kindergarten, it is so crazy he is almost 6, in Jan. He is such a little boy, maybe not little.

3 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

How exciting for him, and you! I think you are going to be a great soccer mom. You are already a great mom, so whats one more title in there;)

Jessie said...

Thats cool Heather, yes, you are the ultimate soccer mom!

Lisa C said...

That's awesome! I can totally see you as a soccer mom. I'm open to whatever my kiddo will want to do, but I secretly don't care much for the sports!! Lucky for you he wants to do something you enjoy, too! Go soccer mom!