Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Passing of the Birds

To learn we aquired birds in the first place see previous posting.
On the 30th I was not feeling very good and Brandon let me sleep most of the day, seriously I did sleep most of the day and that night. While I was sleeping he was so fantastic and was cleaning so much. He deceided it would be really nice to scrub the kitchen floor on his hands and knees with a scrub brush. This is something I have wanted to do but obviously in my huge condition is not likely to happen.

So while I slept he scrubbed away. When I came downstairs, the cleaner smell was pretty strong. He opened the doors and windows to air it out. The nice husband that he is kept the bird covered so they would be quiet while I slept. We went to uncover them and they were both stiff and dead. Now I do not like these birds at all however I did feel sad for the kids, and a little joy for me.

I did feel sad Jackson cried for a good half hour if not longer. Abagayle was sad for about 10 min. Brandon deceided to have a funeral to help Jackson. He made a box and painted it black. They took the birds to the field behind the house and buried them. This actually seemed to help Jackson.

Both Brandon and Jackson are pushing for new pets. Mom says no way we have a baby coming and is enough for now. I am sure I will lose the battle sooner rather then later though.
Here are some pics for the sad day.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh that's kinda cute.