Thursday, December 20, 2007

Going to See Santa

So we deceided to take the kids to see Santa. They had seen him in the mall earlier and we had told them we could go back and visit him. So we thought a wednesday night would be great, probably not as busy. Little did we know it was pet night. That is right pet night. Where all the crazy people brign their animals, some are dressed up, and have their pets pictures with Santa. We waited in line for over 1 hour, as over half of the line was pets. Now I know that some kids love dogs and such, however my children only like them from a distance. So for the first half hour we had to hold Abagayle because she was terrified to be put down. The people behind us in line had two HUGE boxers. Now the line also had sudden smells of poop that came wofting by, Fantastic! I am unsure of how much urine I may have stepped in as the was the second of three pet nights. So we are two people away from entering Santa's door and we are waiting for over 10 min. Here I am thinking there must be some kid having a little trouble with Santa. NO some lady cannot get a santa hat on her DOG! Maybe that is because dogs are not meant to wear clothes. Millions of kids write letters to Santa each year, not animals. I actually heard someone say " I thought tonight was only for pets, why are there kids here" Are you kidding me!! People and their pets, whatever, I do not understand it. Next time they should take them to Petco for Santa pictures, after all it is where the pets go. Santa at the mall is for KIDS!!
Enough with the rant. (This is the day after, you should have heard me Wed. night:) So when we got up there of course Abagayle was terrified and would not even stand next to Santa. However she did give him her card she colored for him. That says she wants Barbie for Christmas. Jackson on the other hand, hopped right on up there. He told Santa he wanted a gun, thanks to Dad coaching in line for a BB Gun, not going to happen. Santa was kind enough to say that he does not always bring kids exactly what they want. He told him to leave out milk and cookies and carrots for the reindeer. Then to go to bed early, thanks santa. It was cute.

As we left Abagayle was pretty upset that she did not get her Christmas present right then. :) I love her.

4 comments:

Sonnet and Cameron said...

I love those kids! I can't believe you had to endure that. That would irritate me. I can't believe someone actually asked why kids were there. When we are 80 with our 20 cats, maybe be will understand. Just wait, you and I will be in line at the mall with our kitties, and I will remind you of this little rant... :)

Goodman Family said...

Yep you would think Santa at the MALL would be for kids...guess not! Glad you got a few pictures.

Jessie said...

thats so cool, i think sophia would cry if she sat on santas knee! lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just have to say this and risk ticking someone off -- pet people are WEIRD!