Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lunch Boxes

Brandon told me to blog this so I would have it for memories :)

On Tuesday the kids had a field trip to the pumpkin with preschool. They needed to bring a lunch with them since they were going to be gone from 9-130. Earlier this summer I bought them a lunch box at Wal-Mart, mostly for the park because they do not take lunches to preschool regularly. So Tuesday morning I was packing their lunches in their boxes and stacked them up on the counter. I went and did something else, then when I walked back in the kitchen I saw two little lunches boxes stacked up. I started to cry, I am again writing this. I had a flash that in two years they will both be in school, kindergarden and 1st grade and I will have lunch boxes stacked up. They are still babies to me. I don't want them to go to a big school with big kids, who aren't nice sometimes, they are still my babies. I won't be there to help them or protect them. I know that is what growing up, for them and me, is all about. I suppose it just hits ya sometime. I guess it helped me to remember that even though it is CRAZY now with three, to still try and cherish this time they are home most of time.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh that is so sweet and sad. Sad that I myself someday will be feeling these emotions. Why do you think Heavenly Father made us women soooo emotional? If you figure it out let me know.

Brandon and Bethany said...

awww.. so sweet.

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mama! No matter how big or old they get, they'll always be our babies Ü. That song "You're Gonna Miss This" makes me choke everytime I hear it, for this very reason!

Lisa C said...

Do they grow up twice as fast when they are so close in age? At least they will have each other in the big school with the not-always-nice kids. Luckily they will always have a safe home to come back to.