Monday, December 1, 2008

Abagayle's Quilt

So her quilt was a nightmare. The fabric ont he front is only 45 wide but the back is 60 wide, so once we finished the puzzle of how to put it together I began to cut. I am not sure what is wrong we me, my cuts were horrible. I went to sew the pink and purple fleece together for the back and the purple was an inch or two longer! Then during the sewing process the pink was pulling out father in the hem then the purple. So I quit, I was done. I was going to start crying or swearing and yelling :) So my mom took over, She finished the whole thing in an hour and half. Can you say jealous? Her quilt is done. Nice and big for her bed.
The back is 4 big blocks two pink and two purple and the blanket has a satin binding around it all.


I bought this front piece quilted together, we did not sew all these 2 1/2 inch squares together :)

No comments: