Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a great weekend, Brandon's mom, two of his brothers and sister came down. We cooked and ate a lot. I like to try new receipes each year. We usually have appitizers/lunch at 1130 when the guys get back from the turkey bowl. Then dinner about 430/500. I took a picture of my app table, I thought it was pretty. The big hits this year were the bacon wrapped scallops and sausage stuffed mushrooms.
The mushroom caps were still in the oven for the picture, but the natives were getting harder to fight off my table.
We did go shopping the next day, of course. This year we headed toward the mall, we haven't ever done that before. We found some great deals, I got a coat and and some new dress shoes for brandon. Brandons sister found some AMAZING deals on the rest of the things she needed for her mission. In fact the shoes were such a good deal that we drove to Salem the next day to get the last pair. Then she and I went through a session at the temple while Mom watched Lorelei. Thanks brett and james for watching Jackson and Abagayle, I know that was a long day.
I just liked this picture of Dad and Lorelei
My two little shoppers
We ended the weekend with a yummy dinner on Sunday, not leftovers, and a great couple rounds of scum.


They were great helpers getting the rolls ready before we left for church.

2 comments:

Goodman Family said...

I should have made my way over to your house. Sounds yummy!!

Jessie said...

bacon wrapped scallops????? NO way!! We missed out! Wow, you werent kidding, you really do go all out!
Looks like you had a good one :)